There is no question that the past year has been one of immense change filled with many challenges and with that lessons learnt. As part of the Linklaters & Crafty Counsel ‘Building Back Better’ series, Linklaters partners sat down with the General Counsel at some of our clients to hear how they have navigated these unprecedented times and how GCs can create a better future in the legal industry following the Covid-19 pandemic.
The GCs we spoke to include:
- Emily Reichwald, General Counsel & Company Secretary at Dr. Martens plc – interviewed by Pam Shores, Partner in the Capital Markets team.
- Hannah Cao, General Counsel at Silk Road Fund Co., Ltd – interviewed by Fay Zhou, Partner in the Anti-trust & Foreign Investment team.
- Nicola Tassell, Managing Director & Divisional General Counsel (Europe) at PSP Investments – interviewed by Jessamy Gallagher, Partner in the Corporate team.
- Vinod Mahboobani, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel at KFC Global and Pizza Hut International – interviewed by Simon Branigan, Partner in the Corporate team.
We asked the GCs to share their thoughts on five key themes and each video is based around a particular theme:
- Keeping teams motivated: How do you keep your team motivated and resilient during such unpredictable times?
- Helping leaders lead: What tips do you have for those in leadership positions on how they can be better and more effective leaders?
- Doing the right thing: What is the role of GCs in helping their organisations do the right thing?
- Innovation and speed of change: What is the legal team's role in helping your organisation innovate and be agile?
- Future gazing: What key issues do you think GCs and legal teams will need to deal with in five years from now that aren't already a big focus?
One of the key takeaways is the expansion of ESG/sustainability, AI technologies and cyber security, which GCs think will be key issues in the next five years.
Visit our dedicated webpage to explore the series.